A new beta update is going on Google Play now

Just uploaded a new update for the beta version on Google Play. Here are some of the changes:

• Fixed a major memory leak
  • Re-enabled trailer details
  • Updated various sections of the app
  • Fixed bug with custom movie cover art
  • Improved TV show updates and identification
  • Revamped movie and TV show details screens
  • Lots of other various changes and improvements
  • Expect bugs 🙂

Widgets might be sort of broken and can randomly crash the app, so just know that. I’m trying to improve them, but the app widget system in Android isn’t quite as good as I’d like it to be. It’s quite limited. Also, please note that this version will NOT show any unidentified TV show episodes. These are hidden as part of the upcoming manual identification option. They’re not included in TV show updates unless you clear the library.

Anyway, here are some screenshots of the latest changes:

1. Hi
    the update in not in the play store why!!
    thanks

• It can take up to a few hours, but I’ve just checked and it seems to be there.

2. Well… I was right! 😀 Now it works like a charm! I noticed that you added the localization in the tv-series too! Good job man! You are the best 😀

3. Mizuu is coming along nicely. Really llike the network capabilities now and the new movie layout in this latest beta.

I do have a feature request….. would it be possible to consolidate movies that have two files into one movie folder? For example… if I have a movie that is split into two files it shows up twice in the gallery. It would be great if it just showed up as a single movie.

Just recommended the beta to a few friends and they also think its great.

• Yep, it would. I’m also going to do it at some point 🙂

4. Hi. Great release. Scrubber for tv shows is now picking up the two that it previously wouldn’t. I am getting force closes on unidentified films though where previously I could go in and identify myself. Keep up the good work though. Seriously loving using this.

• Please report those crashes 🙂

• I’m getting the force closes too. More worryingly my screen now pulses on and off if I so much as rotate my device from portrait to
      Landscape. Makes Mizuu unusable. Only way to cure this was to delete app data in Android settings. But this issue came back again.

5. Michell just downloaded the latest Beta not sure what happend but I completely lost the ability to access my TV shows. I see the icons for the different series but nothing happes when I try to select any os the series.

• You might need to clear the library and update everything again. Fortunately that’s quite fast now 🙂

6. Hi Michell
    the update is great and now its very fast
    amazing thank you for your great job
    I have some tv show i want to remove it from the app
    can you add remove and block the tv show when i make new update
    so its dont show agian
    i hope you get my idea
    its remove and block tool
    thanks!

• Yeah, have been thinking of a way to do just that, but not sure what’s best. My biggest worry is that it might be hard to get Mizuu to index a file once you’ve told it not to do so and then changed your mind.

• i will block the file only !!
        add a page in settings that let me see all the block file
        then if i change my mind get it back from the settings!!
        thanks!

• That might be a good way to do it. I’ll think about it. Thanks!

• you are welcome 😉
            and thanks agian for best update yet
            thanks!

7. Michell, have you forgotten about the non beta version of Mizuu? 😉

• Nope. I’ve got a list of stuff I want to implement, and once that’s done, the release version will be out. I know it’s been a long time since the update, but a lot of work has been done. I’ve written about 50,000 lines of code in that time.

8. I have tried option “don’t check network connection” on library update but message is still there and library not updated at all.

Regards

• Might have implemented it a bit quickly. Will check later.

9. Hello Michell, The TV-Show update is realy faster the before.

but some Shows are not right detected:
    for Example these (in German):
    “Unsere Kleine Farm” (in english Little hous in the Praire)
    “Stargate SG-1”
    “Stolz und Vorurlteil” (in english Pride and prejudice)
    “Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg”

But in the http://thetvdb.com there are there:

My Folderstructure:
    >Serien/Unsere Kleine Farm
    >Staffel 01
    >Unsere Kleine Farm – 01×01 Das neue Land – 1974-09-11 – Serie.avi
    >Unsere Kleine Farm – 01×02 Der erste Schultag – 1974-09-18 – Serie.avi
    >…
    >Staffel 02
    >…

i dont know whats here Wrong

>Serien/Stargate SG-1
    >Staffel 01
    >Stargate – 01×01 Das Tor zum Universum, Teil 1 – 1997-07-27 – Serie.avi
    >Stargate – 01×02 Das Tor zum Universum, Teil 2 – 1997-08-01 – Serie.avi
    >…

Is this maybe the Filename is not with “SG-1”?

>Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg
    >Staffel 1
    >Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg – 01×04 Der zweite Mord – 2009 – Krimi.avi
    >Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg – 01×05 Tod im Pfarrhaus – 2009 – Krimi.avi
    >…
    >…

Here is a different With a “,” in the Name of the Show

Another Bug: Mizuu closed immediately if i open a Show without Cover.

• Hi Bobby,

You’ll need to enable localized content to get the correct results for titles that are translated. Mizuu will always use English by default, and “Unsere Kleine Farm” isn’t the English title, so it won’t find anything based on that. If I search for “Unsere Kleine Farm” and add the language parameter in German, it works just fine.

• Actually… I might be able to fix that, so Mizuu searches for results in all available languages and then prioritizes English. If that isn’t available, it’ll pick the first result.

• To the Error, mizoo closed immediately if no backdrop in a show

• There’s a new version on Google Play which fixes this and should deal with your issues on file names as well.

• really big thx!!! BIG THX!! Your support is great!!!

• Ok, now there german Shows apears with german titles, THX for your great work.
      But two of my Shows never shown in my TV shows Section.
      Thy named “Inga Lindstöm” and “Irene Huss, Kripo Göteborg”
      Thay are in the TVDB but they will not detected it seems.
      I changed the names in all variations: “Inga Lindstroem” or Inga-Lindstroem or Inga-Lindström or Inga_Lindstroem or Inga_Lindström. And the same with the another one (also with and without “,”. It seems that’s while the names includes “ä”? All another Shows im my collection has no ä, ö or ü included and they detected correctly. There is also no different if it is a network source or on lokal folder. This shows will not apears… Please help me

• Thanks, I’ll have to check that out. It might be the same thing that’s bugging Russian titles.

• Just checked this out. I don’t see any problems with the show names. How are your files named?

• my files named like this:
          E:\Serien\Inga Lindström\Inga Lindström – 01×30 Sommermond – 2009-11-22 – Liebe.avi
          E:\Serien\Inga Lindström\Inga Lindström – 01×35 Millionäre küsst man nicht – 2010-12-05 – Liebe.avi

i also tried with this and all combinations:
          E:\Serien\Inga Lindström\Inga Lindstroem – 01×35 Millionäre küsst man nicht – 2010-12-05 – Liebe.avi
          But nothing appears.

• Have you tried the new version? Should work.

• yes i tried @ this time again with the new Version. Should i also completely reinstall the APP? (i not do this at this time)
            While the Update is running, In The Updateline at the Statusbar there is the text “just added: Inga lind….” but no Picture in the Left section. at All another Shows there is a Picture visible. And in the TV-Show section there is nothing added.

Sorry, but its not running for me. Could you taste it with some blank Files in our Database to add these Shows?
            …\Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg\Staffel 1\Irene Huss Kripo Göteborg – 01×04 Der zweite Mord – 2009 – Krimi.avi
            …\Inga Lindström\Inga Lindstroem – 01×35 Millionäre küsst man nicht – 2010-12-05 – Liebe.avi

Thx for our help!

• could it be an error of the theTVDb.com page?

• i see i have the Version 30012013_2. i will it taste after Update again. you will hear from me.

• ok, Now with The 30012013_3 its all fine!!! Realy great work! and sorry for my asks…

• Good stuff! 🙂

10. Would it be possible to add a refresh button for a particular Show or even season to update instead of all the shows and seasons? That might really shave off some of the time it takes to update, considering I currently have 30+ shows and God knows how many seasons on my NAS.

And, with the risk of thinking a little too big here, search for episodes that have been aired since the last update? Maybe via trakt.tv integration? Auto mark as watched would be awesome as well while I am at it.

• To clarify: an option to ONLY update the shows of which episodes have been aired since the previous refresh.

• Yep, I definitely want to do something like that. Not sure when, but it’s in the pipeline. Have also been thinking about some sort of TV show episode tracking of what you’ve watched, including stuff that isn’t necessarily on the device.

• That’s awesome! No longer will I have to keep all those separate apps on my devices. Also, I’m loving the new layouts. Keep up the great work!

11. Great app! Understand there is a lot of hard work but please continue with it 🙂
    A feature that would be great is subtitles… Adding on movies on the server and locally but also free search. Take care!

• I sure will!

Been thinking a lot about subtitle support. Might come 🙂

Could you elaborate on what you mean with “free search”?

• When I have used two such apps you cant autodowload subtitles that are not locally on the phone/pad. Free search meant to change the title to match the exact release/version.

• I’m still not entirely sure what you mean regarding free search. Would you care to explain it to me in details again? Thanks!

12. Another great update as usual, Michell! Only thing that bothers me a bit since this one is the new size of the movie covers displayed in the widget. The covers look too large now, before the update one perfectly matched when you used the standard 3×3 widget, now the cover is cut somewhere in the lower half.
    I know just a minor cosmetic issue but after all Mizuu somehow is a cosmetic app. 🙂

• Hi Christian!

Yeah, sorry about the widgets. They kinda sucked before the update and I wanted to improve them, but the app widget system in Android is quite stupid and very limited. Didn’t have much time, so just left it as is – it isn’t called a beta for nothing, eh! 😀

13. After recent update I have one TV series that was displaying properly before update, but is now not accessible. I have cleared out the library completely and removed unavailable files with no success. I can see during the update process that the series is identified, the episodes are identified and the cover art is present in the TV Show list. But, when I touch the cover art to proceed to Overview and Episode page, nothing happens. It is a folder on an SMB share, but all was working correctly before latest update.

Many thanks for such a useful media solution.

• Which show is it? Could you send me one or more of the filenames as well?

14. Michell,
    Series Name: Father Brown (2013)
    Episode Name: Father Brown (2013).S01E01 – The Hammer of God.mkv

The episode naming scheme is the same for all of my shows, but this is the only one with an issue since latest Beta update was applied.

• I’m pretty sure I already know the cause of it. Mizuu thinks that 2013 is the season / episode identifier. Season 20, episode 13. I’ll see if I can fix that, I know a few other shows are affected as well.

15. No problem. Thanks for the quick response.

Strange, because I have other series with Year designations that it hasn’t had an issue with. Such as Cracked (2013) and XIII (2011). But, like I said previously, Father Brown (2013) didn’t have an issue until the last few updates.

• It might actually not have been Mizuu’s fault then. I haven’t changed anything with regards to how the application reads filenames. Anyway, I’ll make sure that it works.

16. Congrats on nice application, looks and works very well and much simpler then XBMC.
    The only problem I have is that Mizuu (genuine and beta) does not read any folder or file name with diacritic characters (like some french, spanish or east-european characters, Windows-1250 code page or ISO 8859-1 code-page).
    Please fix if possible.

• Hey, thanks a lot! Regarding the file names, I think I’ve just fixed that. Can you write a few names you’d like me to try?

• Sf – Los cronocrímenes – 2007 ES-HR
        YU – Dobro jutro, komšija – 2012 BH
        Dr – München – 2005 EN-HR
        Dr – När mörkret faller – 2006 SE-SR
        Dr – L’exercice de l’État – 2011 FR-HR
        YU – Stanje šoka – 2011 SI

• I can confirm that it works with the latest changes then. A few notes though:

L’exercice de l’État is called “L’Exercice de l’Etat” in the movie database, so it won’t be identified based on that filename.

Dobro jutro, komšija doesn’t appear to be in the TV show database, but the special characters are handled correctly. Same goes for the other files 🙂