I’ve just finished some additional improvements to TV show identification in Mizuu, and I’m pretty sure these improvements are going to make many of you quite happy.
Some video file names often include abbreviations of show titles, and it has always been hard for Mizuu to get these right. I’ll give you a few examples of what I’m talking about:
- HIMYM = How I Met Your Mother
- TBBT = The Big Bang Theory
- TDSWJS = The Daily Show
- TFPOBA = The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- TAAHM = Two And A Half Men
Mizuu hasn’t previously been able to correctly identify such file names, but it’s getting a lot better now. It’s not perfect, but it sure is a massive improvement. It’ll still be a bit flaky if the abbreviations aren’t correct – an example of this could be “T B B T”.
Also, it’s getting better at identifying file names with minor mistakes, like “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” which should’ve been “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. The missing hyphen would’ve previously resulted in no or wrong results, but that shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
I’m most likely going to publish an update of the beta version tonight, so keep an eye out for that. I’m sure it’ll have bugs as I’ve completely re-written the TV show update process, so it’s much faster, and I haven’t fully tested everything yet, but it should be an improvement over the current beta version.