Some of you might know by now and some of you might not know, but the next version of Mizuu is going to include UPnP support. Some of the work has already been finished but I haven’t had time to get the rest done in time for the usual release date (which is the 20th of each month). That means that I’ll be postponing the release of the next version slightly.
In the meantime you’ll be able to join the alpha-testing community for Traktr – the Trakt client I recently shared some details with you about. Here’s how to do that:
- Join either the Mizuu community or Traktr community on Google+. This is required in order to join the alpha-testing.
- Go to this link and log in using your Google account.
- Read the terms and press the “Become a tester” button to join the beta testing program.
A few notes on the alpha-test version:
- It’s rather limited in terms of functionality. Many features from Trakt aren’t yet supported and you’ll only be able to perform the most basic tasks right now (that doesn’t even include searching!)
- It’s rather limited in terms of device compatibility. No tablet layouts and no landscape layouts right now.
- It’ll probably break. Consider yourself warned 🙂
Also, I’ve decided to make it open source under the Apache 2.0 license. Have fun digging through the codes!
Have fun testing!