Hey guys! Just thought I’d pop by with an update on the development of Mizuu and how things are coming along. I’ve been a busy bee the last couple of months and it seems like that’s not going to change for a while. Anyway, I’m developing Mizuu every time I get a chance to do it and I’ve actually been making some fair progress since the latest update.
In this post I’ll give you a list of some of the expected changes in the next release. Like I said, these are expected changes, so it’s subject to change, but I’d like to get everything in the next update amd more will likely be added.
Version 1.8 (some expected changes):
- Lots of accessibility and usability improvements
- Custom user themes
- Option to delete complete shows, seasons and episodes
- Clean-up of Welcome screen
- Improved caches for web content (equals significantly faster loading)
- Speed improvements
- Samba (SMB) support
- Improved support for larger libraries
- Custom backdrops and cover art for TV shows
- Improved handling of unidentified files
- Watch list
- Movie collections
- Change to themoviedb.org API version 3
ETA: July. It’s quite a long time, I know, but it’s a major release, there’s lots of hard work to do and I reckon it’ll take a few months with my current schedule. Just hang in there – I’ll update you with news about the cool changes as we go along.
PS. I know a few of you have reported a couple of crashes – and while I do appreciate it, I am unable to reproduce the crashes myself. I’ll continue looking at the crash reports (and hopefully comments) to see if I can fix any potential problems, but I won’t release any additional bug fixes for 1.7.9.x. The reported bugs appear to be device-specific and may be caused by custom ROMs or something like that. I hope you understand.