I’ve just finished work on version 1.7.4 of the application, and it should be available on Android Market right about now. The Lite version update will be available shortly.
Today’s update brings quite a few changes despite being a minor update – here’s the full list of changes in version 1.7.4:
- Added option to edit movies
- Added option to sort by availability in TV shows
- Added option to sort by genre in TV shows
- Added TED Talks to Web videos
- Added TV show widget
- Added video player settings
- Bug fixes
- File source browser now sorts alphabetically
- Fixed some bugs caused by API changes
- Improved dialogs
- Limit for movie parts is now 10 (0-9)
- Performance improvements
- Preference changes
- Updated icons
- Updated various UI elements
- Updated video player
It’s worth pointing out that the new TV show widget is also very much at an experimental stage right now, and it’ll probably have a few minor bugs. I’ve decided that the updated movie widget was good enough to replace the old one, so I’ve done that with version 1.7.4. The old widget had some serious issues – you can read more about them here.
The update also brings some major performance improvements by creating thumbnail versions of the cover images, so I’d suggest you do a complete library update if you want a really fast experience – it’s approximately 2-3 times faster than before.
Hope you’ll like it! A lot of hours went into this update 🙂