Version 2.0.1 is out – bug fixes and minor improvements

I’ve just released the first minor update for version 2.0. It’s simply called version 2.0.1.

The update brings quite a few bug fixes and minor improvements. The update also contains a number of performance improvements, and there’ll be plenty more of those in the next update. Like I’ve said earlier on, the first major update will mainly be focused on performance improvements. It’s coming in about a month.

Also, the update improves TV show identification quite a bit, so Mizuu will most likely find or be able to identify new stuff if you clear the library and update again.

The paid version update is available within a few hours on Google Play. The free version will be updated within a few days. I’ll be implementing an in-app purchase option to remove ads in the slide-in menu, so it’ll take a bit extra.

Update: The free version won’t be receiving this update after all. I’ll be shifting focus to the next major version and try to push that out faster instead.

1. Can you include an option in TV like you do in Movies to show only Available files? it would be nice to have this filter available to only show files that are local to the device (i.e. Phone, Tablet) when you are not on your home network and don’t want to see networked files.

• Sure 🙂

It’s a bit more complicated, but it’s possible.

2. A nearly flawless product, very nice work. I did notice a minor glitch, however. When I select ‘disregard movie prefixes’, movies starting with the letter combination ‘AN’ get moved to the back of the list. In my case it means movies such as ‘Animal House’, ‘Anna Karenina’, ‘Another Earth’ and ‘Any Given Sunday’ aren’t where they’re supposed to be. Anyhoo, keep up the great work!

• Are you experiencing this in 2.0.1 as well? I thought I’d fixed it. Thanks for the kind words, though! 🙂

3. I’m not exactly sure how to tell which version I’m on, other than Google Play telling me my app is up to date. I suppose this means I’m running 2.0.1. 🙂 In regard to the glitch: I might be mistaking, but I think the previous build was a little wonky with all movies starting with the letter ‘A’, so keeping it limited to ‘AN’ is definitely progress. As for the nice words, you totally deserve it. This app is drop dead gorgeous.

• You can press “Contact developer” from the options overflow menu, and the version will be shown at the bottom of the screen 🙂

I’ll be sure to take a look at it, though. Thanks again!

• Anytime. It’s indeed 2.0.1.

• Just found the bug and fixed it now, thanks! Will be in the next update.

4. Michell not sure what’s happening here went to update from the Beta to the release 2.01 and when I have it add my collection back in all of the cover art comes up blank and no plot information is listed. Any ideas what might be happening here?

• Hi Jeff,

That sounds rather weird. If it worked in the beta, it should most definitely work in the release version as well. Nothing has changed. Can you try uninstalling both versions, deleting the folder(s) starting with com.miz.mizuu in the “data” folder of your primary internal storage and then give it a go again?

Might also be a temporary outage with the databases.

5. Yes the Beta worked perfectly. I’ll give your suggestion to uninstall and folder wipe a try and see what happens. I was thinking initially that the databases were down as well however the odd thing is that the actors list for each of the movies is correctly populated and the initial backdrop do reflect the correct movie.

• It can be rather weird at times. Some times it’ll be able to grab the title, description, etc. and not the images, and some times it can be the other way around. It’s a few different database calls, so it it possible for it to get one thing and not another. It does, however, try to fetch the data once again if it fails the initial time.

6. Looks like clearing the folders fixed it. Thanks for the help and for making such a fantastic app for cataloging movies and TV.