Version 2.1 of Mizuu has just been released on Google Play, and it brings a lot of improvements and a number of bug fixes. I highly encourage anyone to download the latest update.
Major changes in version 2.1:
- Added character details in the actors overview for movies and TV shows
- Added option to choose between grid view and list view for TV show seasons
- Added option to delete file when removing a movie or TV show episode
- Added option to filter by content certification in movie and TV show libraries
- Fixed a bug causing Action Bar tabs not to update when swiping between pages
- Fixed a bug causing content libraries to show no content when resuming
- Fixed a bug that could cause Mizuu to find invalid files
- Fixed a bug that caused lower-case titles to be displayed last when sorting by title
- Fixed a bug with “Available files” if the user selects another option before loading
- Fixed a bug with “Ignore prefixes in titles”
- Fixed “Sort by newest episode” in TV shows
- Fixed various bugs when adding file sources
- Improved Daydream service with support for TV shows and better transitions (Android 4.2 only)
- Improved recognition of movies and shows with hyphens in the title, i.e. “The A-Team” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”
- Improved Welcome screen with a better menu and transitions
- No longer exits the application when pressing back if the Welcome screen is enabled
- Now shows the title of movies and TV shows in the overview if cover art isn’t available
- Now stores all application data in a folder that gets deleted when uninstalling – please see this post before updating
- Various performance improvements
- Widgets now ignore title prefixes if the setting is enabled
PS. Because this update moves the data files, you’ll NEED to start the application, wait a few minutes while it move the data files and then perhaps re-add the widgets to refresh everything.
PPS. There’s a bug with one of the movie widgets. I’ve fixed it and the patch should be available within a few hours.
PPPS. I’ve just uploaded version 2.1.1 with a few bug fixes.
On another note, I can now – finally – respond to user reviews on Google Play, and I’ve already replied to about 40 reviews, so if you’ve been wondering about something mentioned in a review, it might be worth checking it out again to see if I replied to that review.